DAMAYAN-BULUSEÑO GAZETTE ONLINE EDITION
This page is originally located at the following URL:
The Parish of St. James, the Greater, under its new parish priest, Rev. Fr. Domingo A. France, a native-born Buluseño, supports the local church's programs and activities. Delegates to all Diocesan conferences/seminars are given by the Parish Pastoral Council allowances for registration and transportation.
The month of October is Rosary Month. The image of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary will be brought to all barangays in a procession as scheduled; will stay in a certain place for three days with the people saying the rosary in the evening. The culminating activity is to be managed by the Immaculate Heart of Mary School, under the Franciscan Sisters.
On-going projects for the improvement of the church's physical aspect are as follows:
1. Cleanup activities at the Catholic cemetery through bayanihan (August 23) headed by all
hermanos. Snacks and lunch to be provided by religious organizations.
2. Construction of a cemented path walk from the patio center to the rectory, and paving of the latter's front yard - by all hermanos headed by the hermano mayor.
3. Constuction of a permanent alleluiahan courtesy of the Halum family
4. Repair of the rectory's roofing and gutter through solicitation of materials
5. Renovation of the old belfry by the Holy Name Society to come up with its antiquity
6. Improvement of the patio walls and Punta Diamante by the incoming Hermano Mayor. Installation of new hermanos slated on October 17, 2004. (Juan G. Galindes)
Vol. XVI No.4 (August - September 2004)
Copyright © 2003 - 2004 Damayan-Buluseño Gazette Online Edition | All Rights Reserved